Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Pictures: Dan’s Weaved Apple-Cherry Pie Crust



Last week was Thanksgiving – it felt more like early New York fall here in San Diego. The leaves have barely turned and the highs are in the 70’s. I miss the crispness in the air and the falling yellow, red and brown leaves (although it’s way past that time in New York) – they are probably now talking about snow there. Well yeah, grass is always greener on the other side. I shouldn’t be complaining about San Diego – the fabulous sunsets we’ve had this month, have been absolutely breathtaking.

So, its day before thanksgiving and Dan suggests we make an apple-cherry pie with a weaved pie top –and I 'm like “yeah, I’m not doing this, it’s too difficult!!” So, move away Shiva, Dan’s in charge of the pie. Wow, just look at that pie top (and this is the first time he did it). Amazing!!!

4 comments:

Pooja said...

that looks professional!! I'm sure it tasted just as great. Did you use an online recipe or was it Dan's own?

Shiva said...

Dan will be happy to read this :)Used an online recipe. Actually, the recipe for the pastry is quite easy and delicious. I will add the link.

ligne said...

boss this looks awesome! i want to eat it.!!!

Nandita M said...

Yummy! Great job Dan! Yes me too wants to eat it!